2003 - October 20th - 24th - Baltimore\Wash., DC
2003 - October 20th - 24th - Baltimore\Wash, DC
CEMENT CHEMISTS' SOCIETY
October 20th to October 24th, 2003
The Sixth annual Cement Chemists' Society meeting was a success! The meeting took place at the Holiday Inn Hotel. It was a complete experience for the Cement Chemist. Eighteen speakers shared their knowledge. During the meeting very beneficial information was shared. Friends and colleagues made great industry contacts.
Listed below are some of the presentations and the over all class views and comments.
1. Raw Mix Control
2. Statistics (Prove Your Numbers Are Correct)
3. Alternative Fuels
4. Cement Grinding By Way Of Chemistry
5. Slag Additions
7. C-109 Cube Automation
8. Stack Acid Gas Removal
9. X-Ray Florescence
10. NIST Tour
11. X-Ray Diffraction
12. Finish Mill Grinding Aids
13. Cement Materials (Raw & Finish)
14. Free Lime Tests And Automation
15. And more
Attendant’s evaluation to what was the best part of the whole conference?:
1. For me, the intimacy of the meeting, and the focused participation.
2. Statistics, XRD, and Slag Presentations
3. The opportunity to meet people, conference was great. Tour was great. Very good conference.
4. Clinker Chemistry
6. The classes and the people were great
7. Talk on chemistry as it impacts brick. Talk on "on-line" analysis and integrated lab set up.
8. The educational presentations.
9. Learn more about the cement industry.
10. The conference was great because, of the focus on education and sharing information. The trip to NIST was great! Seeing how the cement standards were made was the most interesting.
The Cement Chemists' Society has been serving the Cement Chemists' community since 1997. We specialize in organizing educational seminars in which the Cement Chemist can interact with Expert Consultants, Vendors, and other Cement Chemists.
Annual Meeting 2003 |
Contact CCS |
For Sale |
Helpful Hints /
Jobs | Members | Membership Application Request | Past Meetings 1998 through 2002
Vendors | Wanted