2000 - September 11th - 15th - Dallas, Texas
Dallas, Texas, Sixth Floor Museum
CEMENT CHEMISTS' SOCIETY
SEPTEMBER 11 - 15, 2000
The third annual Cement Chemists' Society meeting was a success! The meeting took
place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dallas, Texas from September 11th - 15th. It was
a complete plant Chemists experience. Twenty-nine people were in attendance along
with ten speakers. During the week long meeting very beneficial information was shared,
and the sessions ended Friday afternoon. Friends and colleagues made great industry
Listed below are the presentations and the over all class views and
1. Introduction to concrete for the Cement Chemist
2. X-Ray fluxing Techniques
3. Holnam Cement Plant Tour
4. Alternative Raw materials
5. Microscopy (Prep, interpretation, and equipment)
6. Auto. Cement Fineness Analyzer
7. Grinding aids
8. ASTM Specification concerning the Cement Chemist
9. CKD Storage Concerns
10. On-line Belt Analyzers, ASSHTO Accreditation, CCRL Inspection, and more
Attendants evaluation to what was the best part of whole conference?
1. The variety of topics covered and the amount of time spent on each topic was great!
2. The time we had to meet each other was terrific. Discussing different challenges that we each are faced with was very valuable.
3. Excellent presentation on concrete quality parameters, CCRL inspection, ASSHTO accreditation, and new regulations concerning CKD.
4. The best part of this conference was visiting the other Cement Plant and learning the concrete information.
5. The abundance of information and speakers were excellent.
6. It was a very good conference, there was a genuine interest for everyone to learn and to know each other.
7. Practical application that a chief chemist can use on a regular basis. Concrete info, Fineness, CCRL inspection, etc.
The Cement Chemists' Society has been serving the Cement Chemists' community since 1997. We specialize in organizing educational seminars in which the Cement Chemist can interact with Expert Consultants, Vendors, and other Cement Chemists.
Annual Meeting 2003 |
Contact CCS |
For Sale |
Helpful Hints /
Jobs | Members | Membership Application Request | Past Meetings 1998 through 2002
Vendors | Wanted